Book an appointment
Disorders of sugar balance – with the exception of type I diabetes – develop over a long period of time. In such cases, a fasting blood sugar level or a fasting insulin level cannot reveal the abnormality condition and does not identify an increased risk of disease.
So, during a dynamic study, when sugar balance is observed during operation
we can get a more accurate, layered and detailed picture.
The more times we record the blood sugar and insulin levels during the 120-minute exercise, the more informative our result will be. The two most important values were measured after 0 and 120 minutes glucose and insulin levels. The diagnosis of insulin resistance can also be established from these two measurements, however, in the case of the 3-point stress test “half-time”, i.e. also after 60 minutes we include a blood test, so we can get a more detailed picture of the condition of the pancreas.
It is important to emphasize that at Whitelab we do not only register blood sugar levels, but everything insulin value is also tested during sampling. This allows us to get a complex picture of the about the health or disturbance of the functioning of the sugar household.
We start the test with a hunger test. Please arrive after 10-12 hours of fasting (i.e. on an empty stomach).
Since we are going to load your sugar levels, a quick fingertip test is necessary. If the fasting blood sugar level is abnormally high, we do not load it, we do not perform the test!
The test start by drinking the glucose solution (75 mg glucose dissolved in 2.5 dl of drinking water). Drinking the solution should not take longer than 5 minutes!
The exact course of the examination:
- POC blood sugar determination
- first blood test
- Load – drinking glucose solution
- 60 minutes of waiting
- second blood test – 60 minutes
- 60 minutes of waiting
- third blood test – 120 minutes
- If possible, the days before the examination (2-3 days) should be spent in an average physical activity
- Stop any diet that is less than 150 grams before the test
it only makes it possible to consume carbohydrates!
- Do not eat any food in the 10-12 hours immediately before the examination,
however, you can drink plenty of water!
- During the examination (120 minutes), do not perform any activity involving serious physical strain,
and don’t smoke!
- Postponement of the examination if there is an acute illness (e.g. cold, diarrhea, etc.).
recommended. It can be done after healing.
During this exercise test, blood is taken 3 times in a 120-minute time interval. 60 minutes pass between samplings. Please do so before your next blood test report at least 5 minutes in advance and signal this to the blood collection assistant by knocking!
If 1 or more of the following symptoms, conditions or risk factors exist:
- reduced physical activity
- waist circumference over 90 cm for women and over 100 cm for men
- a diabetic person in the family
- insulin resistance in the family
- a symptom of polycystic ovary syndrome
- Age over 45 years
- Blood pressure higher than 140/90 mm Hg / taking blood pressure lowering medication
- higher than normal blood fat levels
- unsuccessful weight loss
Reasons for exclusion:
- Under 18 years old
- Body weight below 42 kg
- Fasting, capillary blood sugar value above 7 mmol/l
- fasting before the test is less than 10 hours